Author Topic: OT Game Chatter  (Read 323 times)

MI_trooper

• Paper King
OT Game Chatter
« on: May 01, 2012, 08:32:34 PM »
Failarch decided to set blackops in the future, rather than keeping it cold war era.... now it looks like a halo wannabe, could of atleast called it call of duty futre warfare rather than misleading us by calling it blackops...  >:( ... i know my boycott of the game wont last until it comes out but still i wanted more NAM!!!
The only good bug is a dead bug!!!

Psychobunni

• Designer
  • Paper King
  • I hate People.
Re: OT Game Chatter
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 08:41:44 PM »
Failarch decided to set blackops in the future, rather than keeping it cold war era.... now it looks like a halo wannabe, could of atleast called it call of duty futre warfare rather than misleading us by calling it blackops...  >:( ... i know my boycott of the game wont last until it comes out but still i wanted more NAM!!!

Seems offspring has occured between Terminator and CoD.
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
Except Infantry.
Infantry will kill you.

"The further you are from the sound of the guns, the less you understand"
General Walter J. Natynczyk

MI_trooper

• Paper King
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 08:47:11 PM »
either that or the head of treyarch when tot he bathroom while he thought of the next call of duty  and came up with call of toilets Crap ops.

xaxk

• Designer
  • Paper King
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 06:32:31 AM »
Yeah, the original Black ops was super cool, the story was one of the best ever. And for those who don't like COD then ok, but I play it for the "action movie" experience. Modern Warfare story was great as well, but Black ops totally blew my mind.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon.

• Designer
  • Paper King
  • Disaffected Hipster
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 06:44:08 AM »
I'm interested in seeing what direction it takes. I mean, in all honesty, I want a Battlefield 2143, because 2142 was great. Unfortunately, this looks to be just another rehash, an attempt to get enough sales and repeat consumers to see if they can pull off Maddenduty 2013. It hopefully will have a campaign longer than 6 hours that isn't totally dependent on huge setpieces, and that isn't essentially just practice for the multiplayer. Unfortunately, the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior, and such is the past behavior. As someone who considers himself an adult, I'm not going to complain about all the shortcomings it will have, or the superiority of Call of Duty 4, I will just not buy it.

In other news, it is a really crummy day outside, just when I thought I was going to enjoy it now that my classes have concluded (or are in the process of concluding).
No.

RedneckHamster

• Paper King
  • Bitter Clinger.
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 10:20:06 AM »

whaaaaat

The 12-year-old crowd will still buy it, no matter how terrible it is. I'm sick of multiplayer-optimized shooters, and haven't played any CoD game since 3. I see CoD multiplayer as a cheap, tactically and militarily illogical gimmick designed to sell games and DLCs rather than have artistic value. The only military shooter I play any more is GRAW2.

I think itís necessary for us to have the dignity of the job that we have rewarded.

"Anything whose paint job is characterized as ďavocado burstĒ has no business in country music."

Panzerjoust

• Paper King
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2012, 10:22:15 AM »

whaaaaat

The 12-year-old crowd will still buy it, no matter how terrible it is. I'm sick of multiplayer-optimized shooters, and haven't played any CoD game since 3. I see CoD multiplayer as a cheap, tactically and militarily illogical gimmick designed to sell games and DLCs rather than have artistic value. The only military shooter I play any more is GRAW2.

Hear Hear!

Aggressivenutmeg

• Designer
  • Paper King
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2012, 03:57:46 PM »

You do realise that the modern warfare series was set in the future? I agree that more cold war would have been nice, but Trayarch have good stories in their single player, I am rather looking forward to it.
"It was like an allegorical picture of war; the trainload of fresh men gliding proudly up the line, the maimed men sliding slowly down... and reviving that pernicious feeling, so difficult to get rid of, that war is glorious after all."
 - George Orwell, Homage to Catalonia

RedneckHamster

• Paper King
  • Bitter Clinger.
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2012, 04:06:13 PM »

You do realise that the modern warfare series was set in the future? I agree that more cold war would have been nice, but Trayarch have good stories in their single player, I am rather looking forward to it.

In the future??? Yes. In the future enough that it has a real impact on much of anything other than some background details??? No. An AK-103 is an AK-103, whether it's 2012 or 2015.

I think itís necessary for us to have the dignity of the job that we have rewarded.

"Anything whose paint job is characterized as ďavocado burstĒ has no business in country music."

Daniel

• Human Target
  • Administrator
  • Paper King
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2012, 04:30:38 PM »
Cleaned out of the GRumble thread.

Have fun, discuss the games, but keep it nice.  :)
: Forum Rules : Forum FAQs :
"What do you mean I lost another battle?"
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Psychobunni

• Designer
  • Paper King
  • I hate People.
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2012, 03:30:37 AM »

Thats just cause they stole their story ideas from Movies, games and TV shows.
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
Except Infantry.
Infantry will kill you.

"The further you are from the sound of the guns, the less you understand"
General Walter J. Natynczyk

alotef

• Designer
  • Paper King
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2012, 04:51:25 AM »
I disagree with how much hatred people give Treyarch.
In my opinion, their games are superior to the IW ones because they are less spammy and require more skill.
How you experience the game depends on how you play it really.

Panzerjoust

• Paper King
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2012, 08:01:02 AM »
I hate multiplayer oriented games. I hate having to pay £20 for Xbox live ans listen to whiney twelve year olds shout 'LOL1 U MAD BRO NO SCOPE'. I love simgleplayer. Hell, I think that cod 1 is about as good as black ops!

Daniel

• Human Target
  • Administrator
  • Paper King
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2012, 08:11:05 AM »
I hate multiplayer oriented games. I hate having to pay £20 for Xbox live ans listen to whiney twelve year olds shout 'LOL1 U MAD BRO NO SCOPE'. I love simgleplayer. Hell, I think that cod 1 is about as good as black ops!
I imagine it maters quite a bit who you play with. There are a group of guys that I know who play together. They bring their computers to one person's house and set up to play there. They have food and play for a whole Saturday. They seem to enjoy the multi-player games.
: Forum Rules : Forum FAQs :
"What do you mean I lost another battle?"
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

MI_trooper

• Paper King
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2012, 08:24:20 AM »
ok so my raging has ceased after watching the trailer a few times and giving myself time to think and breathe... lol blackops 2, i like the originality going to the future, i hope the plot doesnt revolve manly around robots however. lately with the call of duty franchise ive been mainly looking forward to the campaigns and my fiday night slug fest with my friends, but from MW2- MW3 its just gotten to be repetative maps, blend together, and i have to deal with a younger croud thats all about glitching, and modding controllers wich takes the fun out of playing the game. honest opinion, i miss the classic call of duty games which were made on PC, that reveolved around story mode, but created a positive and fun multyplayer experience with no addons, just you and your weapon. getting back on subject, i think BlackOps 2 has a chance its a new idea, campaigns never dissapointed me, however not being familiar wit the weapons, and the possibility that we will be fighting human vs robots on multyplayer kind of scares me. but im not going to let taht all bring me down, ill give it one more go.

but still i am pretty mad that they whent in a whole different direction than the original Black Ops, and thinkthey should have called it somethinge else, so it owuldnt mislead the customers and have them hoping for something else, and see something completely different... thats my opinion, and my rant, feel free to throw rocks at me, im wearing Kevlar.  ;D