Author Topic: Stalingrad Thread  (Read 816 times)

VasilyZaitzev

• Modest Designer
  • Paper King
Stalingrad Thread
« on: April 29, 2012, 01:39:36 PM »
Ok, so here I will be posting various sets for the bloody Stalingrad campaign that took place in 1942-1943. I will regularly post sets in pairs, one for the Soviets and one for the Germans, along with a description of the action in which the men depicted were involved. The object is, that I will eventually make figures for all of the campaign, starting with the German 'Case blue' summer offensive in August 1942 and culminating with the German capitulation in February 1943. I hope this thread will be informative, and I will try to make it as accurate as possible, but I hope it will be enjoyable too.

If you wish to be involved in the project, feel free.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 12:26:30 PM by VasilyZaitzev »
Not one step back!!!!

VasilyZaitzev

• Modest Designer
  • Paper King
Re: Stalingrad Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 12:27:16 PM »
Ive completely changed the idea behind this thread, see my first post for details.
Not one step back!!!!

Panzerjoust

• Paper King
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 10:55:58 PM »
I CHOOSE YOU! Yeah, count me in.

VasilyZaitzev

• Modest Designer
  • Paper King
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 08:06:18 AM »
Thanks panzer, drop me a pm as to what you'd be interested in making.

Part one (Case blue) will consist of some Red Army riflemen and a German tank crew. Ive already made the soviets but I still need to make the tank crew. Both will be up later tonight.
Not one step back!!!!

ReichSwehr

• Paper King
  • "Hic et nunc"
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 01:11:48 AM »
i've been making Berlin 1945 the last offensive fight for Germans and Soviets set....
"Adunare ad pugnam"
"We Must Lead The Way,We Strike"

VasilyZaitzev

• Modest Designer
  • Paper King
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 09:22:27 AM »
PART ONE- CASE BLUE, AUGUST 1942

Summer 1942. The war on the Ostfront is just over a year old, and the fighting resumes with growing ferocity. Despite setbacks during their "Operation Typhoon", the drive to take Moscow, the German "Blitzkrieg" tactics have brought the Wehrmacht into the heart of the Soviet Union. The object of their renewed summer offensive: to take the vital Caucausus oilfields, and a sprawling industrial city, sited along the Volga- Stalingrad.

Devastating blitzkrieg advances by the German forces see huge advances against Soviet troops, and soon the Germans are on the outskirts of Stalingrad itself, moving into the small villages of Rynok and Spartanovka despite heavy resistance.

TO BE CONTINUED...
Not one step back!!!!

Hohenstaufen

• Collector
  • Paper King
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 10:08:26 AM »
Good start on your project. I have some tips for your German tank crew though.
The 'M43' field cap the 3rd & 5th crewman are wearing hadn't come out yet at the time these figures are suppose to represent, so they shouldn't have them.
It looks like they are wearing black tunics, but the panzer crews wore uniforms that looked much different than regular tunics. I suggest looking up "panzer wrap" to see what I mean.
Realistically, only the commander should have a mp40, the crew would just have pistols. And none of them would really be wearing gear like ammo pouches and canteens, just a belt & holster for the crew plus a map case for the commander.

Hope this helps some.
And the last thing, at this point the crew would just be wearing regular jack boots with their pant legs pulled over them, not wearing laced up low boots with gaiters, and when they did start wearing low boots they didn't wear the gaiters (ankle wraps) usually anyway.
"The more numerous the laws, the more corrupt the government."

VasilyZaitzev

• Modest Designer
  • Paper King
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2012, 11:22:00 AM »
Thanks for the info, Hohenstaufen, I'll fix up the crew as soon as I get the chance.
Not one step back!!!!

lechplech

• Paper King
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2012, 04:08:36 AM »
good job you can also do some Mg team and AT teams  ;)
World War 2 wargames.