Author Topic: Celebration Topic - 3  (Read 14864 times)

Psychobunni

• Designer
  • Paper King
  • I hate People.
Re: Celebration Topic - 3
« Reply #690 on: June 13, 2012, 09:08:04 AM »
Three tests down one test and a public to go  8)
Also, congrats Forrest =)
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
Except Infantry.
Infantry will kill you.

"The further you are from the sound of the guns, the less you understand"
General Walter J. Natynczyk

Psychobunni

• Designer
  • Paper King
  • I hate People.
« Reply #691 on: June 13, 2012, 02:09:22 PM »
Stepfather is home  8)
Time to call Allie and friends and get the **** out of here until 0200.  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Except Infantry.
Infantry will kill you.

Psychobunni

• Designer
  • Paper King
  • I hate People.
« Reply #692 on: June 14, 2012, 06:20:17 AM »
Happy 237th Birthday to the US Army.  :)
Except Infantry.
Infantry will kill you.

swede94

• Designer
  • Paper King
« Reply #693 on: June 14, 2012, 06:33:07 AM »
Today is the first day of summer break!  :)
"Due to the number of people bored last Sunday, next Sunday will be canceled"

-M*A*S*H PA Announcement

SilverKnight

• Designer
  • Paper King
  • #ASeasonToRemember
« Reply #694 on: June 14, 2012, 02:16:34 PM »
13 years of school is officially over, the friends of three years of school will part, many of us to never see each other again. I know I should be happy for finally graduating, but right now all I want is another year of school, to keep playing cards in the cafeteria, to grumble about school work, listen to stories, getting more or less sexually assaulted (in a friendly way ^^) by one of my best friends, continue to have heated political discussions and then be the best of friends the next moment, continue to ponder how to best confess my love to my crush, compete for the best results in the weekly news quizzes and generally being part of the greatest group of people I have ever known...
Still, life moves on, and though I won't probably see many of these friends again, I can always rest assured that we will continue to remember each other and cherish the moments we had. And I will always have the people of the JG Forums here, not an inconsiderable social arena on to itself. So in this moment of mixed sorrow and happiness, I thank you all, people of the JG Forums, and a few in particular, for always being there, always presenting new and fun ideas, talking rubbish and not-so-rubbish on the General Discussion board, and always being ready to talk on the chat. To all the people of JG, thank you, thank you for being what you are. Don't ever change.

Heartfelt, Řystein Wiklund Lyngsnes.
"When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Their Tomorrow, We Gave Our Today"

"To thee we brought our hopes, our dreams,
For thee we stand together, [...]
Within my heart, above my home,
The Maple Leaf forever!"

Psychobunni

• Designer
  • Paper King
  • I hate People.
« Reply #695 on: June 14, 2012, 06:45:15 PM »
So me, Allie and Millie featuring shopping and McDonalds.
Epic Night  ;D ;D
Except Infantry.
Infantry will kill you.

Toaster

• Designer
  • Paper King
  • Six Years!
    • Deviantart
« Reply #696 on: June 14, 2012, 09:47:03 PM »
13 years of school is officially over, the friends of three years of school will part, many of us to never see each other again. I know I should be happy for finally graduating, but right now all I want is another year of school, to keep playing cards in the cafeteria, to grumble about school work, listen to stories, getting more or less sexually assaulted (in a friendly way ^^) by one of my best friends, continue to have heated political discussions and then be the best of friends the next moment, continue to ponder how to best confess my love to my crush, compete for the best results in the weekly news quizzes and generally being part of the greatest group of people I have ever known...
Still, life moves on, and though I won't probably see many of these friends again, I can always rest assured that we will continue to remember each other and cherish the moments we had. And I will always have the people of the JG Forums here, not an inconsiderable social arena on to itself. So in this moment of mixed sorrow and happiness, I thank you all, people of the JG Forums, and a few in particular, for always being there, always presenting new and fun ideas, talking rubbish and not-so-rubbish on the General Discussion board, and always being ready to talk on the chat. To all the people of JG, thank you, thank you for being what you are. Don't ever change.

Heartfelt, Řystein Wiklund Lyngsnes.

Hehe, don't be making too many grand speeches just quite yet. I graduated from HS a year ago, and yet...things really haven't changed. Life will give you new people and new stories, but ultimately the stuff that matters, the stuff that you care about and want to hold onto will stay with you. Are you sure you will never see your friends again? Will you never be (affectionately) assaulted again? Things have a way of working themselves out.

You are the sum of everything you've experienced. Congratulations! ;)

Survived:
New Dawn, Ruins of Tolen, LFW, Sea of Salt, Fat Man, Diplomacy Fails, A New Hope, A New (Little) Cold War, Havenworld 1/2, NationStates, WS:BT, WSII, Cold Wars, N

Eduard

• Designer
  • Paper King
  • What is this?
« Reply #697 on: June 14, 2012, 11:39:46 PM »
I just experienced time travel.

By watching youtube clips about present day North Korea, of course. While maybe it doesn't mean anything to some of you, but it looks exactly the same with Romania in the 70-80s. No really. They even have some of our cars. For me it's creepy. Creepy indeed *shivers*
Sic transit gloria mundi.
(Thus passes the glory of the world)

I draw Ancients!

SilverKnight

• Designer
  • Paper King
  • #ASeasonToRemember
« Reply #698 on: June 15, 2012, 01:10:31 AM »

Hehe, don't be making too many grand speeches just quite yet. I graduated from HS a year ago, and yet...things really haven't changed. Life will give you new people and new stories, but ultimately the stuff that matters, the stuff that you care about and want to hold onto will stay with you. Are you sure you will never see your friends again? Will you never be (affectionately) assaulted again? Things have a way of working themselves out.

You are the sum of everything you've experienced. Congratulations! ;)
Thank you. Truth be told, I was a bit depressed last night, but the points remain. I live in a medium-sized Norwegian city (that would equal to a small-sized American, Canadian or British city ^^) and all I know will be moving to different parts of the country, myself going into the Army (a good friend of mine will actually serve in the same battalion :) ). But yeah, things will work themselves out as you say :) Thank you again.
"When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Their Tomorrow, We Gave Our Today"

"To thee we brought our hopes, our dreams,
For thee we stand together, [...]
The Maple Leaf forever!"

Toaster

• Designer
  • Paper King
  • Six Years!
    • Deviantart
« Reply #699 on: June 15, 2012, 01:39:49 AM »
Thank you. Truth be told, I was a bit depressed last night, but the points remain. I live in a medium-sized Norwegian city (that would equal to a small-sized American, Canadian or British city ^^) and all I know will be moving to different parts of the country, myself going into the Army (a good friend of mine will actually serve in the same battalion :) ). But yeah, things will work themselves out as you say :) Thank you again.
Hehe, after high school I (and many of my friends) left Japan for America, and my group of friends ended up being dispersed across the states. And yet, for major breaks (winter/summer) we manage to meet up and have generally kept in touch.

Also, having someone you know nearby (my roommate was a high school buddy) can help a lot, as well as bridge the gap between life before and after.

Survived:
New Dawn, Ruins of Tolen, LFW, Sea of Salt, Fat Man, Diplomacy Fails, A New Hope, A New (Little) Cold War, Havenworld 1/2, NationStates, WS:BT, WSII, Cold Wars, N

juniorgeneral

• Administrator
  • Paper King
    • Junior General
« Reply #700 on: June 15, 2012, 09:03:57 AM »
School's out for summer!  ;D
"A master of karate, and friendship for everyone."
: Junior General Site : Forum Rules : Forum FAQs :

Clive

• Global Moderator
  • Paper King
Clive

Russ

• The Sun Emperor
  • Collector
  • Paper King
  • The Old Guard
« Reply #702 on: June 15, 2012, 02:54:28 PM »
Aye, twelve years is over for me as well. I remember back in grade five or six my friend said that summer was almost like being let out of a birdcage for a few minutes, only be locked back up for another long period. Well, I'm out of the birdcage now, and its into another, that of university, next year.

Thanks to everyone I've been beside these last twelve years, and thanks to you all on this awesome forum. I came here in 2008, and I was a very different person. I'm proud to say that this forum is a part of my life, and I look forward to staying here for the infinite future!
Long may it wave, and grace our own,
Blue skies and stormy weather,
The Maple Leaf forever!

juniorgeneral

• Administrator
  • Paper King
    • Junior General
« Reply #703 on: June 15, 2012, 02:59:54 PM »
School's out for summer! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_I4ylzbrTE

Yes, that is it exactly.
"A master of karate, and friendship for everyone."
: Junior General Site : Forum Rules : Forum FAQs :

Clive

• Global Moderator
  • Paper King
« Reply #704 on: June 15, 2012, 03:04:25 PM »
School's out for summer! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_I4ylzbrTE

Yes, that is it exactly.

Trouble is I remember watching that performance on Top Of The Pops first time round in 1972 :o
Clive