Author Topic: Assingment 1  (Read 2587 times)

Flat

• Paper King
Re: Assingment 1
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2009, 08:02:26 PM »
Ya, I feel way out of my league here :P.

Aquila

• Designer
  • Paper King
« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2009, 09:17:12 PM »
The effects of the UA's rather small land forces budget is quite apparent in our infantry corps:

*Big thanks to Ungern, Dharper, and anyone else whose work I used!*
"Did the primary buffer panel just fall off my gorram ship for no apparent reason?" - Mal Reynolds, Serenity

Viktor2a5

• Designer
  • Paper King
« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2009, 02:34:45 AM »
The incredable thing is, that nobody really has invented the LMG yet.

xaxk

• Designer
  • Paper King
« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2009, 02:54:24 AM »
I have...

Viktor2a5

• Designer
  • Paper King
« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2009, 03:28:13 AM »
I have...

Of some strange reason, I don't see it...
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 03:36:22 AM by Viktor2a5 »

xaxk

• Designer
  • Paper King
« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2009, 04:03:24 AM »
Because i didnt get past a prototype yet...

Flat

• Paper King
« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2009, 07:15:52 AM »
The effects of the UA's rather small land forces budget is quite apparent in our infantry corps:

*Big thanks to Ungern, Dharper, and anyone else whose work I used!*

While you only have two riflemen poses I am very impressed by the variety as well as the addition of the clairon.

Tau0011

• Collector
  • Paper King
  • Creator of Worlds
« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2009, 09:48:35 AM »
Made some minor adjustments to mine and added in some explainations. And yes these are all still Infantry.

There are many factors which go into determining the overall prestige and importance of a nation. These include claiming colonies, winning wars, implementing social and political reforms, researching technologies, Industrial might, and large professional armies and navies. In an effort to assert its self as one of the primer nations in the world Laurentia has pursued as many of these options as possible.

For years Laurentia had possessed no colonial or Imperial influence, but recently the Army and Navy was able to secure a portion of Ferossia as a colony. However, rather than continuing the conquest of Ferossia A large Britannian force intervened on behalf of Ferossia. Thus the first Laurentian Colony was founded.

Laurentia has faced a state of constant, but low scale, conflict along the border of Guang Ba-tak. These incursions have been countered by South West Frontier Brigades. To be assigned to such a unit is both a blessing and curse for those pursuing a military career. The South West Frontiersmen are seen as the defenders of Laurentia, some of the best trained and most experienced soldiers in the entire Army. However once someone is assigned to these units they will never be transferred back into the regular Army. They view the frontiersmen as far too unconventional, almost radical in their thoughts on warfare.

Although the Navy usually is kept out at sea there have been a few occasions when they must fight on land. Such instances see sailors taking up arms in order to fight. Though they are not trained solely to do so they have a brawlers mentality making them fierce in close combat. In order to provide more flexibility to the Navy they founded the Naval Infantry. These men are pretty much Infantry given additional training in Naval landings. This gives them the ability to deploy much easier from ships and also an edge in operations calling for close cooperation between the land based assets and the navy.

Though Artillery is universally considered to be the king of the battlefield it is the Infantry who will determine if the battle is a victory or a defeat. Because of this belief Laurentia has focused on creating a large force of well trained professional soldiers. Within the Infantry lie two unique subsections, the chasseurs and grenadiers. The chasseurs serve as a screening, skirmishing, and scouting force for the Brigade. Grenadiers act as a hammer on a battlefield and are used do dislodge either entrenched opponents or areas of stiff resistance using grenades and close assault.

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.          -Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Flat

• Paper King
« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2009, 11:59:33 AM »
I wrote a little something for my infantry and put it in my first post.

xaxk

• Designer
  • Paper King
« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2009, 08:56:14 AM »
If everyone are done, then couldn't you rate them already?

Ben Harvey

• Paper Soldier Philosopher
  • Global Moderator
  • Paper King
« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2009, 10:33:36 AM »
Alright, Ill try and get this done tonight.

What's this... some sort of webcomic!?
http://beyondthelastgate.com/

Ben Harvey

• Global Moderator
  • Paper King
« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2009, 05:53:02 PM »
The following were marked on this criteria in relation to the demands given in Assignment 1

/5 for creativity (have I seen this before? have I ever see this this way? Is this just some dinky copy of a real world power that existed at the time?)

/5 for Accuracy (do they look appropriate for the era? Did they have those at that time?)

/5 for Quality (Are they nicely made? is there some varying of the poses?)

/5 for following the assignment (Did they do what the assignment asked?)

Tau 0011  19 points

Creativity 5/5

While these figures feel like many different armies of the period, there is no specific nation there aping, which is wonderful!

Accuracy 5/5

These figures seem perfect for the period, nothing they have is incredibly out of place and they feel suitibly "transitional" from Gaudy Napoleonics to Modern Warfare

Quality 4/5

These figures are beautiful, I especially appreciate the details such as the soldier with a pipe. However I must comment that there is a lack of pose verity, Ungern's poses are nice but there still don't feel "action packed" enough

Following the assignment 5/5

All that and More!

Aquila 15.5 points

Creativity 3.5/5

These figures don't completely look like anything Ive seen before but they do play heavily on American Civil War Union uniform.

Accuracy 4.5/5

These figures look rather good for the period, though there lack of uniformity harks back to earlier periods with more disorganization

Quality 3/5

These figures look rather nice but there is very little pose verity and there dress uniforms are rather "plain"

Following the assignment 4.5/5

These do follow the assignment, but I feel the dress uniform section is a bit lacking

Private Toaster
  20 points!

Creativity 5/5

Not really like anything Ive seen before, Nice dress Hats!

Accuracy 5/5

Beautifully in period

Quality 5/5

A variety of poses that are suitably "action packed" and the figure detial is wonderful, once again NICE HATS on the dress uniform

Dam right!

Xaxk 14.5 points

Creativity 5/5

Inspired by, but not carbon copies of the Japanese army in the period.

Accuracy 4.5/5

Nothing too crazy that would seem weird and out of place, however the plain helmets on the shock troops
are a little odd.

Quality 1.5/5

I'm sorry, I am SO sick of one pose sheets, and this is crazy, the details are nice but its lost when confronted with the sheets of uniformity in poses.

Following the assngment 3.5/5

I didn't really ask for the whole break up for you entire ground force, I wanted your basic ground force in detail (tau gave auxiliaries and such, but he first did the required number of BASIC infantry)  you seem to have avoided making multiple poses in the figures needed by using the same pose for different wings of the same army tsk tsk.

9.SShohenstaufen 15.5 points

Creativity 3.5/5

There kinda just Germans, except for the blazing white dress unforms.

Accuracy 4/5

They look right for the period however I noticed that the soldiers are carrying a tin on the back packs and that tin looks eerily close to German ww2 Gas mask tin. Besides being an anachronistic gas mask, they shouldn't be carrying gas masks at all, nobodies been fooling around with mustard gas yet!

Mind you I'm only docking u 1 point because its so small that barely anyone would notice it.

Quality 3/5

They look pretty but similar to others on the list, there's a distinct lack of pose verity. However I do appreciate the detail of NCO baton, that's interesting.

No trouble here.

WshngtnsNphw

Creativity 4.5/5

not quiet like anything Ive seen, though perhaps a little dry

Accuracy 5/5

they look Fine for the period

Quality 4/5

a little dry on pose use as well, however the snazzy dress uniforms make up for that a little

Just what the doctor ordered!

Night wolf 14.5

Creativity 5/5

there rather creative Ill give them that.

Accuracy 2.5/5

despite that you developed SMG's you also seem to have researched how to act Master Chief as well, Im fairly sure the concept of duel wielding pistols like that is fairly modern, and the duel wielding pistols with extended magazines? that's Just crazy, no military in the world would practice that Now or ever! Also your figures have distinctly ww2 feel about them that just shouldn't be there.

Quality 3/5

Need... pose.. verity... Also your dress uniforms are rather boring and brief

Following the assignment 4/5

did the soldiers fine, but I feel your dress uniform troops are lacking

MLW 12 points

Creativity 1/5

For all intent and purpose there some weird colonial-non colonial Canadian ww1 troops

Accuracy  2.5/5

there full drab kackies with not even the slightest frill, the SLIGHTEST seems to me rushing into ww1

Quality 3.5/5

There rather nice made though the is also a lack of pose variety  (Im well aware ungern is God of ww1, but you don't all have to copy him exactly!)

No problems here, though I must comment, the dress uniform pose is a little odd.

Flatulance 18.5 points

Creativity 5/5

Not quiet like anything before!

Accuracy 4.5/5

I think there a little drab for the era, but nothing glaring

Quality 4/5

Lots figures, lots verity and at least your trying at pose variety! (also interesting hats in the dress unforms) however I must comment they
seem a little undetailed in spots

Heck ya

Austrian 17 points

Creativity 3.5/5

No bold creative leaps here, and they look an awful lot like a few armies of the period, but nothing your directly ripping off it seems.

Accuracy 5/5

Look utterly fine for the period.

Quality 3.5/5

There is lots of pose verity, and for that plus, but there rather undetailed and plain.

Oh yes. 

Whew..

And the Winner of the week is Private Toaster!

with Tau in close second!

thanks to all those who participated!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 07:49:02 PM by Ben Harvey »

Flat

• Paper King
« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2009, 06:33:47 PM »
Yay, I tied for third!

Assignment two ;D?

Ben Harvey

• Global Moderator
  • Paper King
« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2009, 06:54:34 PM »
Yea Ill get that mess sorted out tomorrow, I got some other work to do before then.

I declare it now an in game holiday till this time tomorrow.

Aquila

• Designer
  • Paper King
« Reply #59 on: December 14, 2009, 07:29:38 PM »
At first I thought I wasn't graded, but then I realised you scored my under Acrin's name.
"Did the primary buffer panel just fall off my gorram ship for no apparent reason?" - Mal Reynolds, Serenity