Poll

Do you like this game ?

Yes
1 (12.5%)
No
7 (87.5%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: April 30, 2008, 10:17:00 AM

Author Topic: My World War 2  (Read 1338 times)

Denis

• Collector
  • Paper King
  • チビばかデニス〜
    • My Deviant Art
My World War 2
« on: April 19, 2008, 11:56:03 AM »
Map >>>[img=http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/4052/mapyn6.th.png]

Poland from 1-8
Russia from 10-21
England from 22-31
France from 32-43
Germany from 44-55              
U.S.A from 56-66
Japan from 67-71
Canada from 72-76
China from 77 only
on the map

The War is in 1939 but you can make you army as Dwarves or Humans be one of the Lord's and defend your lands and help your allys.

Background=Germany,Russian,China and Japan try to take over all of the world but England,Poland,U.S.A,Canada and Frace stand to defend the world.

PM me if you wont to jonin and pick a number.
76 people can join in.
You can edit ww2 staf and you cant make new staf.
PM me some ideas.

Ruls
First PM me if you wont do attack or make new staff.

P.S. I'am the Lord how is in control number 9.

Denis

• Collector
  • Paper King
  • チビばかデニス〜
    • My Deviant Art
My World War 2
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 01:09:13 PM »
comon join in.

Tau0011

• Collector
  • Paper King
  • Creator of Worlds
My World War 2
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 09:22:12 PM »
No thanks.
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.          -Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Denis

• Collector
  • Paper King
  • チビばかデニス〜
    • My Deviant Art

Denis

• Collector
  • Paper King
  • チビばかデニス〜
    • My Deviant Art
My World War 2
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 11:08:58 AM »
comon people join in please. [-o<

Daniel

• Human Target
  • Administrator
  • Paper King
My World War 2
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2008, 01:24:59 PM »
Night Wolf,

Just some advise for when you want to start a game.

Asking for ideas on the first post signals folks that you are not prepared for the game. This causes folks to not want to join. You need to have your concept and ideas ready from the start to give a game a chance of going well.

The further the concept is from main stream, the less number of people who might be interested. This impacts your ability to collect players. Playing WWII is main stream. Playing a fantasy world is moving away from main stream. Playing a WWII setting using a world that is clearly not earth, mixing in Elves, asking players to play local barons, and dictating if they are the aggressors or not from the start is very far from main stream and does not appeal to a lot of folks. By doing this you have greatly limited the pool of potential players who might be interested in your game.

Do not start a game so you can play. Start a game that you want to run. Very few people can play and run a game at the same time. I can not. It is almost never a good idea. It is hard enough to GM a game and run the “unassigned” let alone run your own “player” and adjudicate the others.

Be clear what your point will be (contest, tournament, RPG, war game). Be clear how you will run the game. Be clear about the rules you will use. Be clear what the final outcome will be. Each of these help increase the number of folks who might be interested.

Example:

I want to run a game set in a fictional space empire. Each player will start out as a single planet and try and take over the whole Galaxy. (See attached map)

Each player will be given a set of action points and will spend them every round on construction, invasion, or defense. (See attached costs sheet). Combat will be done using a simple attacker to defender ratio and a six sided die role I will roll as the GM. (Think the old game OGRE)

I will start with two turns a week, one on Wednesday, one on Saturday. If a player does not submit a turn I will assume they are just saving points and roll over 25% of their points to the next turn. If a player misses two turns or more, then they will start to have negatives applied to their defense scores.
 I plan on allowing the game to run for three months or until there is a clear winner which ever comes first.

If you look at this example you can see where I already will turn off those who are not interested in SciFi. I will loose those who want a complex rules system. But I might catch those who like a diplomacy style game. I also will catch those who want a clear start and finish. By having the rules spelled out I can limit the disagreements over who has done what or owns what.

I hope you take this as helpful advice. I see you clearly want folks to join so I thought this would help you.

Good Luck.

Daniel
: Forum Rules : Forum FAQs :
"What do you mean I lost another battle?"
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum