Author Topic: Haven-world  (Read 17936 times)

jd321

• Designer
  • Paper King
Haven-world
« Reply #210 on: January 19, 2008, 05:14:41 AM »
nope martoupia prepares her armies for another offensive.

Tau0011

• Collector
  • Paper King
  • Creator of Worlds
Haven-world
« Reply #211 on: January 19, 2008, 08:03:00 AM »
Excerpt from the novel "A Century of Iron: A History of the Empire of Drecke"

Quote:
...and with the ascension of Emperor Darlan IV, a new period of Drecke's history began. With the rising power of Martoupia and Laurentia as world powers, Drecke began to feel her empire threatened. Long had the Royal Mecharian Navy kept her in place, but with Mecharia occupied with the revolt in her Erainian province, Drecke saw her chance to act...

Around the turn of the century, with many of the major world nations having completed industrialization, a war loomed upon the horizon;

Mecharia was occupied fighting a war in her colony of Erain, with hundreds of thousands of her troops stuck fighting a war on the northern plains.

Martoupia was engrossed in a peasant revolution, which eventually led to the expansion of their once small nation.

Laurentia had recently begun a process of expanding trade and relations across the globe.

With her ever-growing navy, Drecke saw Laurentia as the primary hurdle to be jumped in the race for dominance. With the start of construction on the Grand Imperial Canal, the Emperor came to the conclusion that to assure the supremacy of Dreckian trading vessels, Laurentia must be contained.

OOC: thanks goes out to arklite. Also this is part 1/4
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.          -Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Tau0011

• Collector
  • Paper King
  • Creator of Worlds
Haven-world
« Reply #212 on: January 19, 2008, 07:08:07 PM »

Chapter 5: War Plan White

And so Darlan IV tasked his Minister of War with devising a plan to prevent further Laurentian Expansion. Minister Van Berlow, a longtime proponent of Dreckian expansion, devised what became known as "War Plan White".

War Plan White called for a number of objectives be achieved before major combat operations could occur;

1. The Mecharian Navy must be deployed elsewhere in the world, preventing any major intervention.

2.The Laurentian Navy be engaged with superior firepower, and be defeated.

3. Laurentopolis (now Laurentia City) be captured via amphibious landing

4. All major members of the Laurentian Government be captured and held hostage.

If all 4 conditions were met, then it was hoped Laurentia would surrender her remaining fleet, and cede all overseas colonies and trading rights to Drecke.

With Mecharia embroiled in a colonial conflict, her fleet was unable to respond when a surprise raid was conducted on Strobovia Flow, the Laurentian naval anchorage.

A number of Dreckian marines rowed small rafts into the anchorage and proceeded to sabotage as many ships as possible. By the time they were discovered, the saboteurs had disabled over 20 vessels. With a large portion of the fleet incapacitated, it was simple for the Dreckian vessels to steam into the anchorage and sink all but 5 of the Laurentian vessels.

Capsized Laurentian Vessel

All was now set for the invasion of Laurentia...

OOC: thanks goes out to arklite. Part 2/4
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.          -Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Tau0011

• Collector
  • Paper King
  • Creator of Worlds
Haven-world
« Reply #213 on: January 20, 2008, 01:34:33 PM »

...With the successful launch of War Plan White by the Imperial Fleet, the General Staff made the decision to launch an invasion of Laurentopolis. Though their economy was strained by these overseas "adventures" and the canal construction that was occurring, it was felt that sufficient reparations could be extracted from Laurentia to finance the war and canal project and still have enough left over to cover budget shortfalls from the previous decade.

Imperial General Staff after Naval victory

Coming at dawn on the 15th, the advance forces were secreted within various tramp steamers and cargo ships confiscated off the coast. The Dreckian Marines stormed off the boats, quickly capturing the dock and signaling the main fleet that it was time to enter the harbor.

Landing 23 brigades of infantry, the Dreckian invasion was the largest oppsing force the Laurentians had ever faced. Within 8 hours of fighting, the Dreckians had pushed miles inland, except for the area surrounding the Laurentian capitol building. Known as the Capital Bulge, Laurentian Royal Guard regiments held the line for 3 days.

The Laurentians were only saved by the construction of a number of Stone Blockhouses on the plains surrounding Laurentopolis.

With the containment of their forces, it was only a matter of time until Drecke was forced from their positions. This end was hastened by the arrival of the combined Aristran-Mecharian fleet which sank or drove off all Dreckian ships.

Within weeks, the Laurentian troops had pushed the Dreckians onto a 2-mile long spit of sand on the western outskirts of the city. In a last chance operation, the remaining Dreckian navy broke the blockade, and with this success, the ground forces then seized any and all water transportation available and made their way to the fleet.
Starting with a force of 230,000 men, only 72,000 made it safely home to Drecke.

Soon after the Dreckian monarchy suffered a number of internal revolts leading to the eventual collapse of the empire which Drecke had carved.

OOC: my final thanks out to arklite for his help on these 3 parts . Part 3/4

Half-track

• Designer
  • Paper King
  • I'll Be Back
Haven-world
« Reply #214 on: January 20, 2008, 03:22:52 PM »
OOC this is all good but what does it have to do with the modern wars?
"From the sublime to the rediculous is but a step"
-Napoleon I of France

Tau0011

• Collector
  • Paper King
  • Creator of Worlds
Haven-world
« Reply #215 on: January 20, 2008, 03:30:29 PM »
OOC: ye 'o little faith shall see.

Tau0011

• Collector
  • Paper King
  • Creator of Worlds
Haven-world
« Reply #216 on: January 20, 2008, 06:21:41 PM »
“thank you all for your time, I will be signing books outside. Remember, If any of you cadets haven’t  purchased a copy of A Century of Iron: A History of the Empire of Drecke I’d suggest that you do so.” Sir Dr. Henry Ryan receives a standing ovation as he walks off the stage. As he proceeds out of the auditorium he is congratulated by cadets and professors alike.

After signing books for several hours Sir Dr. Ryan finally leaves the Auditorium and into the Officer’s mess where he was asked to join several professors for dinner. “Excuse me, Dr. Ryan, could I speak to you for a moment” said a man who was reading a copy of Sir Dr. Ryan’s book.
“Certainly, what is your name?”
“At this time my name is of no concern to you. I do have a question for you. Your country needs your services. If you wish to answer your country’s call place eat your steak first during dinner.”
“But, how….”
“It’s my job, Sir Dr. Ryan.”

Sir Dr. Henry Ryan ate his steak first that evening.

OOC: bringing it back to the modern world. part 4/4

Chapter Master Pavlov

• Designer
  • Paper King
Haven-world
« Reply #217 on: January 20, 2008, 08:11:12 PM »
Sir Doctor Webster... nice title  :lol:
1001001 Sos! 1001001 In Distress!

Skutatos

Haven-world
« Reply #218 on: January 21, 2008, 12:31:10 PM »
I know Ive been gone a long time, but I was wondering if there is still room for me. I have not had a chance yet to go through this thread and see all the occurances yet.

My absence has been due to the fact that my dad has nearly died twice from heart problems and had to have some surgeries done, all is looking well now though.

arklite

Haven-world
« Reply #219 on: January 21, 2008, 02:28:07 PM »
OOC: Your continent has been fairly quiet, so nobody has done anything that would affect your nation.

Sorry to hear about your dad, hope it turns out well. I've been through a stroke or two with mine, so I know how hard it is.

arklite

Haven-world
« Reply #220 on: January 25, 2008, 09:12:00 PM »
The Empire of Drecke is announcing the closure of the Grand Canal today.

All foreign treaties are hereby canceled.
Any foreign shipping found in or near the Canal waters will be seized by elements of the Imperial Navy.

The Empire of Drecke shall rise again...

Tau0011

• Collector
  • Paper King
  • Creator of Worlds
Haven-world
« Reply #221 on: January 25, 2008, 10:44:14 PM »
"Sir Dr. Ryan, I want to make sure that you know that everything you are about to hear connot leave this room."
"I understand, now what do you require my services for"
"You are quite familiar with War Plan White, are you not?
"I am, why do you ask?"
"Could it be adapted for a modern day use against it's creator?"
"well, I suppose, it would require quite a bit of work to do."
"Excelent, you seem rather flushed. I belive you should take the next week off from teaching and work on this?"
"But..."
"Don't worry, you have only seen the tip of the iceberg."

arklite

Haven-world
« Reply #222 on: January 26, 2008, 05:08:22 PM »
OOC: Ok guys, to speed up the gameplay I've made a decision. If you wish to make any internal or external moves, they no longer require my input or moderation. Only actual combat will require my approval, and that can be achieved by pming me with your battle plan, which I will then type-up the outcome of.

Any untoward of unfair behavior will result in a banning from the game.

All moderation will be achieved by my own totally overly-large military. I am still neutral.

Ben Harvey

• Paper Soldier Philosopher
  • Global Moderator
  • Paper King
Haven-world
« Reply #223 on: January 26, 2008, 09:00:07 PM »
"speed up game play"

or are you just getting lazy

:wink:

Half-track

• Designer
  • Paper King
  • I'll Be Back
Haven-world
« Reply #224 on: January 27, 2008, 10:28:39 AM »
OOC arklite can you post that sniper thing i pmed you about please?
"From the sublime to the rediculous is but a step"
-Napoleon I of France